Sunday 9 March 2014

There's a first time for everything...

Well this is a day I never imagined happening, me entering the blogging world, but here I am.

I guess I should start by telling you how I got here. My journey starts about 10 years ago when I entered into the Plumbing and Gasfitting trade, and I had been working in the trade up until August of 2013 when I was hired on as an instructor in the Piping department at BCIT. Entering into the education world has been quite the eye opener, I never imagined when I starting working as a plumber that teaching was in my future, but I'm very happy it was. In the few short months I have been teaching I can tell that this is going to be a very rewarding career.

One of the things I was encouraged to do when I was hired at BCIT was to complete the Provincial Instructors Diploma at VCC. Which brings me here to this blog. This is part of an assignment in the PIDP 3240, which is the Media Enhanced Learning course. I am very excited to take part in this course and to learn and share the different ways we can bring social and digital media in to the classroom.

Stay tuned, as I will be using this blog to post different education ideas using technology and media that I come across during the PDIP 3240. Also I will be sharing some of the ideas I like to use in the classroom, and any other thoughts that come to mind along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment